India win toss, elect to field

India vs Pakistan Champions Trophy 2017

"India has a strong batting and if they put up a big total it will mean double pressure for us".

"The team who will perform well will win", Saha said. Fans from both the nations leave everything aside on match days and just watch it hoping that their team will win the match and the entire nation will celebrate.

As per Ladbrokes the stakes for Pakistan are 2/1 as against 2/5 for India. But it is fair to say that in his round-robin knocks against Pakistan and South Africa, he has been under par by his own high standards.

Of these three, it is the fielding that is relatively unsung but which holds the real key to India's fortunes as they gun for an eighth straight win against Pakistan in ICC events.

"You have to be close to reality", said Kohli.

"Knowing the strengths and weaknesses they (Pakistan) have, obviously we will have to plan a bit, but I don't think there is need to change much as a team. I want to see revival of bilateral cricket", the former captain said.

More news: Scotland 2 England 2: Kane rescues point amid late drama

"I don't see any relevance of the first game here because you can never tell how a particular team starts a tournament".

Displaying his composed mindset ahead of the mouthwatering clash with Pakistan on Sunday, the skipper stated that regardless of whom one is going to play in the finals, it is always going to be challenging.

Fakhar hit 12 fours and three sixes before skying a catch off Hardik Pandya but Pakistan, who upset hosts England in the semi-finals, had the ideal platform to make the highest total in a Champions Trophy final.

Pakistan's 60 per cent chances while India 40 per cent to win.

The group stage match between the arch-rivals on June 4 became the highest rated One-day International (ODI) match in Broadcast Audience Research Council's (BARC) history. Each one of them has scored over 250 runs in the tournament so far, with Dhawan and Rohit being the top two run-getters with 317 and 304 runs respectively.

Related News:



Most liked

Xbox One X vs. PS4 Pro Specs, Features
When Head of Xbox Phil Spencer was asked by the press whether the tech giant was making money, the man simply answered "No". The fact that Microsoft is not making a profit on the Xbox One X now, however, could not be considered surprising at all.

Thomas makes US Open history with stunning 63 at Erin Hills
He loved Erin Hills , a course with wide fairways between the knee-high fescue that he figured would allow him to attack. However, Thomas bettered those performances with a remarkable 63 that saw him become the first player to complete a U.S.

Queen praises a country 'resolute in the face of adversity'
The Queen has said the country has been "resolute in the face of adversity" following recent tragedies in London and Manchester. THE Queen has praised the county's toughness and generosity of spirit over recent weeks in a message on her official birthday.

USA congressman Scalise still in critical condition - hospital
We don't think fingerpointing and accusations are going to do anything to ratchet down the animosity in our political atmosphere. Back at Nationals Stadium, this year's game drew a record breaking crowd-nearly 25,000-who wish Scalise a speedy recovery.

Thomas sets record for best round in US Open history
Despite a flurry of late birdies it was not enough to turnaround an erratic round littered with errors and missed opportunities. That's been the case all week at Erin Hills. "It sets up really well for me, especially if I'm driving it like I did today".

Eland Oil & Gas PLC (ELA) Rating Reiterated by Canaccord Genuity
It fall, as 21 investors sold Centrica PLC shares while 45 reduced holdings. 27 funds opened positions while 53 raised stakes. The stock was acquired at an average price of GBX 206 ($2.61) per share, for a total transaction of £1,983.78 ($2,509.53).

EU, Britain to kick off Brexit talks on June 19
Aware that this is a priority for the EU, May is reportedly set to make a "generous offer" on the issue early in the talks. They will hold more than seven hours of official talks.

Britain's Hammond to push for United Kingdom to stay in EU customs union
Hammond will attempt to change May's mind after a disastrous election in which the government lost its majority last Thursday, the Times said.

French Open up for grabs for women; Murray, top men usual suspects
For Khachanov , playing on the center court at Roland Garros was a pleasure, but losing the match was always hard to bite. It is the 10th time in the last 12 grand slams that the Swiss, the victor here in 2015, has reached the last eight.

European Union sources: United Kingdom to agree Brexit divorce bill before trade talks
The Brexit Department said in a statement that the UK's withdrawal and future ties are "intimately linked". But his planned address was postponed because of the Grenfell Tower fire tragedy.

Hedge fund called 'greedy bastards' by Whole Foods CEO
The grocer will continue to operate stores under the Whole Foods Market brand, and Mackey will remain CEO, the companies said. The news might come as a shock to some, but Whole Foods investor Jana Partners suggested the acquisition earlier this year.

The nice things Trump and others said about Rod Rosenstein
It was unclear if Trump was referencing Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein or Special Counsel Robert Mueller . It was confirmed by the White House that Mueller was among the candidates who Trump interviewed to replace Comey.

Britain's May Meets with Victims of Deadly High-rise Blaze
Around 70 people are missing, according to Britain's Press Association, and identification of the victims is proving very hard . The Prime Minister faced cries of " coward " and " shame on you " as she left St Clement's on Friday afternoon.

Scalise Still in Critical Condition, Improving After Second Surgery
The FBI said it was investigating the shooter's "activities and social media impressions" in the months leading up to the attack. Scalise is a member of the team and had been fielding balls at second base in preparation for the game when he was shot.

Seven US soldiers wounded in insider attack at Afghan base
Earlier this year in March a similar insider attack wounded three U.S. soldiers at an Afghan military complex in Helmand province. The Pentagon is weighing the possibility of sending thousands more troops to the country to train Afghan forces to break what Lt.